Jewelry is an intimate and cherished accessory. Understanding how to care for and protect your treasured jewelry can make a world of difference in maintaining its beauty and keeping your heirlooms sparkling for generations to come.
- Excessive heat and sudden temperature change can cause fractures in some gems.
- Fine jewelry should be removed when swimming in chlorinated pools or using household cleaning solutions.
- Not all gems and jewelry can be safely cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Most gems can be cleaned with warm water, mild soap, and a soft brush especially porous stones like opals and turquoise.
- Untreated sterling silver will tarnish over time and can easily be cleaned with a polish cloth or tarnish remover.